Name – Pushpa Morga
Age – 25
Village – Jamsar
District – Palghar.
SHG – Saraswati
V.O – Zashichi Rani.
SHG joining year – 2015
Intervention by MSRLM –
Type of Intervention – Jasmine Cultivation, SRI, Vegetable Cultivation, Non –Farm Chicken centre.
Loan Given – Taken loan through Investment Fund (CIF) $ 23, bank loan of Rs.60,000, total investment of $ 140.
Livelihood Model –
- Intervention with MSRLM in 2015.
- Existing livelihoods of woman– Farming, Midday Meal, Cane Juice Center and Chicken Center.
- Capacity Building Program on jasmine cultivation, SRI and vegetable cultivation.
- Livelihood intervention with various model, capacity building and guidance on floriculture – Jasmine and package of practices on vegetable on 0.4 acre of land.
- Integrated model with multiple livelihoods options such as Mogra Cultivation, vegetable cultivation, fishery, Kirana Shop, Catering Services, Rationing shop etc.
- Livelihood intervention provided an additional source of income.
- Now she is earning additional income for herself and needful of her family.
- Her total investment is of $ 1403. and loan returned till date is $ 234 ,making total turn over of $ 4445
- Turn over due to interventions :
- Jasmine, Vegetable cultivation and chicken centre– $ 4445
- Because of UMED, I was a president of Village Organisation and I used to conduct weekly meetings for livelihood development. Also I have learned some new techniques after watching various videos on floriculture cultivation.
- Because of intervention, production has increased by SRI method in paddy and floriculture.
- Learned about Agri-mechanization and technical aspect for farming. Now my family is supporting the business.
Support we got –
- On field training on SRI method for paddy cultivation.
- Package of practise on vegetable cultivation and floriculture.
- Got knowledge about various bank financing program and through that we got finance and got to know about process of it for our business and interventions.
Challenges : Still a way to go for expansion of business.